SCAM ALERT: ABMA 2019 Annual Convention
Thu August 2, 2018
Beware of Unauthorized Hotel Solicitations
ABMA’s official housing vendor is Atlantis Resort. Attendees and exhibitors should be cautious of other companies that:
- Call you directly and claim they are official housing partners and have the best rates for the ABMA 2019 Convention. Atlantis Resort will never call you directly.
- Claim to be affiliated with Atlantis or ABMA by offering discounted hotel rates, which often can be too good to be true.
- Ask you to provide your contact information and credit card details, and require full pre-payment in advance.
- Claim to have availability at their advertised hotels, but may take the money for the rooms, then later cancel without refund to you.
When booking your hotel for the meeting, please be sure that you are booking through the link provided through ABMA and contact ABMA HQ if you are approached by a company making the above claims. The following companies have previously solicited attendees and exhibitors for hotel rooms and should be ignored:
- The Convention Housing Authority
- Convention Housing
- Convention Housing Services
- Convention Rooms
- CMI Event Travel
- Exhibition Housing Services
- Exhibition Housing
- Exhibitors Housing Management
- Global Expo Travel
- Global Housing Management
- Global Housing Services, Corp
- Gulliver Travels
- HLS Global
- National Travel Associates